About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Depot, Railtown 1897

5/21/2011

Tuolumne County
Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

14 comments:

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

ah yes a very charming scene

Kay L. Davies said...

Isn't that gorgeous? I love the dappled shade. And, of course, all things railway.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Catherine said...

lovely welcoming shot - looks a lovely place to visit...

Sylvia K said...

A delightful scene it is! Love your composition! Hope you get some sun soon! Have a lovely weekend, Martha!


Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Deep and mysterious are those shadows...

BE MY COMPANION

Come here, my shadow,
Do not delay;
Be my companion,
Show me the way;
Teach me your secrets,
Chant as we go
Of light and darkness—
Make my heart glow!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows here and here

Ms. Burrito said...

So beautiful!!

Can I invite you to join the meme I just launched? It is called Color Connection, you can just post anything with color of your choice. Hope you can join the fun. Thank you!

Ms. Burrito said...

So beautiful!!

Can I invite you to join the meme I just launched? It is called Color Connection, you can just post anything with color of your choice. Hope you can join the fun. Thank you!

Ralph said...

This is a real look of the past, the RR depot and flatbed wagon are from a strikingly different era, a simpler time where no automation was available to load and unload a train - pure muscle power was what it took. The barn red adds to the classic air. Nice find!

EG Wow said...

I like so much about this shot, Martha! First of all, the light is exquisite, but I also love the contrast of the green with the red. Oh, and the shadow is delightful too!

Karen said...

A great composition with gentle shadows.

Ms. Becky said...

oh my, this shot is pleasing to the eye. I love the color combination and the charm of this photo. great shadows too! happy SSS.

blogitse said...

Those were the days...
Beautiful shot!

Joan said...

Nice! I love walking around the "old". :)

Patti said...

Cool shadows from the tree and great composition.
The photo brings us back to a simpler time and place - like a 100 or more years ago - that we can only imagine.

Very peaceful scene.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...