About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sandhill Crane

1/8/2012

San Joaquin County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

18 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a beauty! And you do get the most awesome captures of the birds, Martha! Seeing them here is the next best thing to being able to see them in their own habitat! Have a wonderful day1

Sylvia

TexWisGirl said...

love the light you caught to illuminate his eye!

Unknown said...

Great capture of the Sandhill!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of this magnificent bird -- I can see him looking at you!

FAB said...

Super capture.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shot of the Sandhill Crane!

mick said...

Great photo of a beautiful bird.

Barb said...

I would love to see the Sandhill Cranes! Great capture, Martha!

Judy said...

I love the way the sunlight catches his eye!

Brian King said...

Love the tones in that! Beautiful photo, Martha!

Lisabella Russo said...

I think this is an amazing shot. The eyes, the focused details of the feathers, just amazing!

Arija said...

Wow, what a great shot of the crane!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful soft light!

Breathtaking said...

I thought I knew a lot about birds
until I visited your blog!!
This is a wonderful capture.

Springman said...

Perfect light!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot!

Pat Ulrich said...

Cranes are such awesome birds -- great capture with beautiful light!

Lindy said...

A very wonderful capture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...