About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Above the Golden Gate

2/22/2012

Marin County
Linked to Friday Fences

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

22 comments:

Breathtaking said...

Unusual view point of the bridge, and the California Poppys give
a lovely touch of colour.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific capture, Martha, and I do love your composition!! The orange Poppies are perfect! Enjoy your weekend! Hope you have some good weather!

Sylvia

TexWisGirl said...

poppies are beautiful! :)

Beth said...

gorgeous flowers. just love that color. interesting fence. (:

Jan n Jer said...

Nice view...love the shadows n the gorgeous poppies in bloom!

Carletta said...

Beautifully framed shot with wonderfully crisp shadows!

EG Wow said...

Love the shadow AND the poppies!

Rose said...

I like the angle....

Kay L. Davies said...

Very interesting shot, Martha. I haven't been to Marin since '89, I think.
You have a great eye for angles and shadows.
K

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful shadow shot.

Regards and best wishes

Kelly said...

The splash of color from the poppies is lovely and I like the angle of the sun for this shadow shot.

Joan said...

Very cool shot.
Love the poppies!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A most unusual perspective highlighting the fine shadows!

John McElveen said...

Makes me want to walk around the curve! Great shot!

John

chubskulit said...

I love those flowers inside! Thanks for contributing art to shadow shots!

Coo Coo Clock Shadow

LV said...

That is a perfect picture outdoor sight casting off so many different shadows. Nicely done.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The poppies are precious--so are the shadows!

Chapel Shadows

Lighthousegal said...

Beautiful photo and great shadow shot. I like the way the fence/barrier shadow is short and compact but still shows the details of it's subject. The poppies add a nice bit of color to the shot also.

DawnTreader said...

Nice and sharp shadow with good contrasting colours! Here's my SSS

The Paw Relations said...

Fantastic shadow, great shot.

Herding Cats


http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

jewaicious said...

What a beautiful capture of shadows, light and contrasts, and wonderful flow of lines.

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful choice! Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...