About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shadows of the Bidwell Mansion

1/19/2011

Butte County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

14 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Love the illusion the shadow of the curtains on the wall make the wall look like it is some type of drapery! Quite lovely!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic shadow shot, Martha! Beautiful curtains in that old bathroom! Terrific! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, to lounge in a tub like that, soaking all my cares away!


SILLY SHADOW DITTY

Shadows may or may not be
Patterns of urbanity.
If a shadow threatens you,
Here, my dear, is what to do:
Grab the shadow by the throat,
Toss it to a billy goat,
So the goat can chomp and chew,
Keeping it away from you!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Chiseled Shadows

Gaelyn said...

That tub looks very inviting.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the way the sun shines in through the window.

Pat Tillett said...

I'm not sure about the toilet, but I want that bathtub!
A nice serene photo...

Sue said...

Oh that is such fun!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow shot!

My shadow shots

indicaspecies said...

I like this shadow of the sunlight filtering through.

Anonymous said...

Lovely mansion.
My daughter was in Chico for college. Bidwell Park is gorgeous too. We took many long walks.

Legacy of Love said...

love the inside shadow shots, very interesting room

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Very nicely done...

Johnny Nutcase said...

this is a really cool composition! the shadows and the low light - excellent! I'm liking that wooden toilet seat too. I want that bathroom!

Johnny Nutcase said...

this is a really cool composition! the shadows and the low light - excellent! I'm liking that wooden toilet seat too. I want that bathroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...