About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day Sleeper

Black Crowned Night Heron
7/14/2011

Humbolt County
Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

14 comments:

Springman said...

Day sleeper yeah! Sweet capture, hope you didn't wake him!

Andrew said...

A lovely image.....

Gary said...

Great shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

mick said...

A lovely photo catching the bird asleep like that.

joo said...

It's a beautiful bird!

Frank said...

Shhhhs ... don't disturb. Lovely shot.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful image of the night heron!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - nice shot - al least this bird is not covering up the plumage you need to be able to ID it whilst it's asleep - that is often not the case!

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Arija said...

I wonder where the party was? great shot!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That's a wonderful photo. How nice of you not to wake him up. He has a firm grip on the branch.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That's a wonderful photo. How nice of you not to wake him up. He has a firm grip on the branch.

texwisgirl said...

he is comfy, isn't he?!

(did you just post a ton of posts for the last 2 weeks or did my blog roll finally just recognize them? i just got a list of about 15 posts from you all at once. so if they were there all along and i missed them until now, i'm sorry, but for whatever reason, they didn't come thru until just this morning! the waterfall, rainbow bridge, snail shells, all of them were gorgeous...)

bailey-road.com said...

Wonderful capture of this sleeping bird!

Sondra said...

Poor thing must be exhausted...that is a really cool photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...