About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Storm brewing Over Mono Lake

4/21/2012

Mono County
Linked to SkyWatch Friday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

14 comments:

mary said...

Wow that is pretty cool! Love this shot!

SWF

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful, moody skies and I love the mountains in the distance! Hope your week has gone well and that you have a great weekend with lots of sun and happy skies!!

Sylvia

TexWisGirl said...

what a handsome sky!

Michael said...

gorgeous photo

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Mono Lake - another place we loved and haven't been to in forever. I remember it very well though -- nothing else like it. Great picture.

Pat Tillett said...

What a beautiful, big, blue (and white) sky!

ewok1993 said...

the scene is calling me :)

Barb said...

I hope some rain fell on those mountains!

Kay L. Davies said...

So beautiful, Martha.
K

Laura said...

gorgeous sky!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful shot... this is great!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful composition. Blue and dark below, white above. Very dramatic.

Keith W said...

Great shot! I love this part of the world. Very remote. Your picture kind of looks out in the general direction of Bodie?

Rose said...

That is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...