About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Desert Lily--Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

3/11/2010

San Diego County


Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, that is some neat growth!

Sylvia K said...

What a great, different shadow shot for the day, Martha! I love it! Hope you're enjoying lots of sun for the weekend!

Sylvia

Ms. Becky said...

this is a true beauty. a favorite. I've never seen this particular plant but I think it's just beautiful. happy SSS.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

OK, you've succeeded in making me very jealous! I was in the Anza-Borrego just three weeks ago and never saw a desert lily!

SOME SAY THAT SHADOWS

Some say that shadows are fragments of light,
Others that they are but pieces of night,
Fleeing like demons when dawn becomes day,
Fearing the radiance coming their way.
Is one notion wrong and one notion right?
Just what are shadows if they are not light?


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Dancing Shadow Tree

Ralph said...

That is a unique plant on the desert floor. Yet though it is flora, it has a neat look of man made items, such as a bicycle chain. Nice!

Stef said...

Good that you found one! Nice photo to share!
Happy Sunday! Here's my entry, hope you can dropby my site . Thanks!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadows!

My shadows, hope you can come and see. Have a blessed Sunday!

Lighthousegal said...

What a great Shadow Shot!!
I love the way the Lily winds around itself. It really makes an interesting picture and great shadows too.
Thanks for sharing!!!

cathysrunning said...

Very cool! What a great, unusual plant! Heading to Arizona next week, hope to find unusual plants there too!

EG CameraGirl said...

What an interesting plant. I like the shadow it casts.

Linnea said...

How unusual and the way you captured it, makes it look like a piece of abstract artwork!

Sierra Rose said...

Hi there!
Came over from Barb's Live and Learn site. Wonderful blog you have here! Are your photos from current trips?
Anza Borrego....wildflowers this time of year?

Amazing photos! We're SF Bay Area...come by our site for a visit :)
Sierra Rose, and Kristin

Unknown said...

That's one cool Cactus!
I've never seen any like this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...