About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bridging a Slough of Duckweed

7/9/2011

Lake County
Linked to Sunday Bridges 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

pretty and relaxing.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love how you photographed this long, dark shadow to show the length of the fence too.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific shadow shot for the day and I do love the bridge! Hope your weekend is off to a good start, Martha! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Ms. Becky said...

I had to look again and again to see that was water beneath. this is a fabulous shadow shot. happy SSS to you.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shadow shot.

My Shadow Shot post, have a good weekend!

Annabella said...

What beautiful sweeping shadows, and a lovely bridge!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The bridge appears to arch across a dry riverbed. Yes?

IF SHADOWS

If shadows could jump,
How high would they go?
As high as the moon?
Does anyone know?

If shadows could weep,
How long would they cry?
As long as it takes
To climb to the sky?

If shadows could laugh
And tell funny jokes
Would you take them home
And say, “Get this, folks!”?

If shadows could wed,
Would they prefer you
Or somebody else
To promise, “I do”?


© 2011 Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows on this door and this

Spadoman said...

Great shot! Impecable timing as the shadows are symetrical, deep, sharp and defined. Very nice.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Great shadow, and image.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good photo.

Regards!

VioletSky said...

that is a lot of duckweed! the long shadows are perfectly placed. very nice photo.

Hootin Anni said...

Looks incredibly 'magical'!!!

Hidden Shadows Come on over if you have time today!!

Lesley said...

The bridge makes a great shadow over creek(?)

Rose said...

I like the bridges and its shadow!

Breathtaking said...

Just loved this shot,such clean
definition and wonderful subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...