About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mt. Lassen Sunset

6/9/2013
Shasta County
Linked to SkyWatch, Friday

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

22 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! I love everything about this photo! It is really beautiful.

stardust said...

How magically beautiful! I was attracted by this photo on the dashboard at first sight.

TexWisGirl said...

truly amazingly gorgeous!

Sylvia K said...

Magnificent! I can only echo what the others have written, Martha!! Gorgeous, dramatic colors and a superb capture as always!! Thanks for sharing the beauty!! Enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

WoW, what a spectacular view!!

colorful sky, gorgeous reflections and snow on the mountains. someone should paint or draw this!!

beautiful!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

In credibly beautiful. Thank you this made my day.

Marie said...

So pretty! It looks so peaceful...
like the perfect getaway. :)
smiles,
Marie

Kim, USA said...

Oh gush this is beautiful!!

Kim,USA

eileeninmd said...

This is one of those WOW photos! Lovely scene, reflections and sky. The colors are gorgeous. Happy Skywatching!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Magic in the air! I've been thinking of you ...we are on a Road(trek)trip...heading to Oregon. so glad you posted.

Joan said...

That sky is absolutely beautiful. What a site to see!

Photo Cache said...

oh my goodness, this is beautiful.

betty-NZ said...

Those are amazing colors that you caught! The whole scene is gorgeous! Thanks for the map.

DeniseinVA said...

Absolutely stunning Martha, I love this photo.
Denise
An English Girl Rambles



Barb said...

Martha - have you been at the cabin? What a treat it is to see your sunset photo. I like the snowcapped peaks behind.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

oh wow, this is so beautiful and serene. gorgeous colors, lovely scenery.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great how the water picks up so much of the color in the sky. Beautiful photo.

Arija said...

A spectacular sunset indeed!

Linnea said...

It's gorgeous and looks like a watercolor painting!

Breathtaking said...

A breathtaking capture! Beauty at it's best:=)

D.Nambiar said...

Gorgeous skies, Gorgeous shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...