About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heading for the Golden Gate

12/4/2011

San Francisco County
Linked to Watery Wednesday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, wow! Look at that surf! Wonderful capture for the day, Martha! I posted a wintry look at the coast here today as well! Have a great day! Stay warm! Hope you have a little sunshine -- it's gray and foggy here!

Sylvia

Louis la Vache said...

This is a fine image!
«Louis» grew up in the hot, dry, dusty, windy Texas panhandle and didn't see the ocean until he was almost 30 years old. Now he treasures these water views, especially if they have a ship in them!

Pat Tillett said...

Great photo! When I see a ship coming into port, I always wonder where it's been, where did it come from and what's on it.

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful!

Mackinac Island

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a dynamic shot, the surf coming in at us, the ship moving to the right.

As a dedicated land lubber I'm still fascinated by ships. How big they are, how fast they move, the laws that govern them on the high seas.

Giga said...

o, jakie cudowne zdjęcie morza, które uwielbiam. Pozdrawiam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...