About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mendocino Botanical Gardens

Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
6/11/09
Mendocino County



Where is this?  Click the link for a map

10 comments:

Ralph said...

This is a great view, the transition from bright open land to dark in the woods is stark. The mood and temperature changes quickly - therein lies the natural charms of this place!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific shadow shot for the day, Martha! I love Mendocino! My daughter and I always try to go there when I visit -- she lives in Santa Rosa and has her studio in Healdsburg! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Photography said...

Looks like a nice garden to visit.

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful photo!
I came here to see your reflection, but I'm here to stay. I love my state and you've taken some great photos of it. I've been to many of the places I see here, but my photos were all film. They were all lost several years ago. So, I've stared over with digital. Enjoying it more this time around...
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh boy! I really like that sculpture in the botanical garden! How nice there are shadows too. :)

bea said...

Stunning-no other words I just love it.

Hey Harriet said...

I want to climb that awesome looking garden sculpture! What fun that would be! Great photo and I'm loving this New(?) blog of yours. I apologise if it's not so new. I struggle to keep up with all the wonderful blogs these days!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....I've been going through all the links over at shadow shot and I think this is the best and most interesting so far! Super.

Mine this week is a heron casting its shadow near the marina.

Here's the direct link

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/shadow-of-heror-his-smile.html

Have a great Sunday.

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Lovely shot..neat sculpture!

Fabien said...

Nice composition

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...