About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Empire Mine






View Larger Map

13 comments:

Ralph said...

What California is blessed with is the variety of land formations that no other state has. From the beaches of the Pacific to the hills full of minerals to snowy mountains. The amazing Golden State. The mine equipment looks as if it could be ready at a moment's notice to work again...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

This is a brilliant shadow shot!

Catherine said...

stunning shot - so bold and striking..happy new year from mexico

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific shadow shot, Martha! I do hope you have a great year ahead. Thank you so much for your visits/comments throughout the past year, they are greatly appreciated! Definitely one of the joys of blogging!! Have a beautiful day!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

OOOOH! I enjoy roaming areas filled with rusty old machinery. Very cool!

I also like that you included a map.

Meri said...

I'm a big "rusty, old stuff" woman, so I love this.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A dramatic perspective of the wheel and the shadow it casts! Fantastic photo!

Anonymous said...

It is their 'emptyness' which provides its usage.


daily athens

Chubskulit Rose said...

That is gorgeous!

Shadows at Nostalgic Marveling, please come and see. Happy new year!

Arija said...

Delightfully clear and present shadows set off the turning wheel so well.

A Happy 2011 to you!

arabesque said...

i love the whole rustic look of this foto.
nicely captured! gorgeous.

Unknown said...

love this - reminds me of my family's farm equipment!

Anonymous said...

It's fascinating how talent and shadows can turn a simple image of part of a wheel into art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...