About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Barrel Cactus Bloom

3/10/10

San Diego County


Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! This is such a great shot of the centre of the blossom!

Scott Law said...

That's a beautiful shot. The petals are so light and transparent and the center so beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are the only one who noticed (or at least commented on) the icicle standing alone at the front. There had actually been a piece of rusty metal bent down there that water had run down and created that. I bent the metal back up out of the way so I could get a better photo and it left the icicle standing. I didn't even notice it until I got looked at the photos on my computer monitor. Good eye in catching that.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Great flower. It really looked like you were out in the desert from the location.

Debby Rose said...

Beautiful shot, Martha. I love all the yellows and softness of the petals.

Míriam Luiza said...

Linda foto!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...