About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Algodones Dunes

3/29/2011

Imperial County
Linked to Outdoor Wednesday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

8 comments:

Linnea said...

Oh...nice one!!

Kay L. Davies said...

Exquisite, Martha! I love the dunes in that area. Imperial County is very familiar to my family because Mom and Dad spent many, many winters in Baja, 125 miles south of Mexicali. I could fly to San Diego, then to the Imperial airport, rent a car and drive down to San Felipe. There are similar dunes enroute and I'd always stop to take photos.
Thanks for the memories!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Donnie said...

That is an impressive photo.

genie said...

What an awesome image. The dunes are gorgeous and your capture is superb. Fine photography.

Light and Voices said...

If the sand dunes are nearby, you might want to go back and go back and go back to photograph this scene. Many painters kept painting ballet dancers or horses hoofs and then in the end their art work are in museums. Perhaps this could happen to you. Very nice image.
Joyce M

Ms. Becky said...

I love how minimal it is. and the sky is glorious. great shot.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the lines and sharp-looking edges in this dune. But it looks so desolate.

Regina said...

Amazing scene Martha.

Regards.
Regina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...