About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mission San Francisco Solano

11/16/2010

Sonoma County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's a beautiful shot!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Keep saying that I'm going to take a trip to visit all the missions. This photo reminds me that I could see quite a few not too far from home. Thanks.

chanpheng said...

Beautiful shot. I used to live in California but in four years, I never got to see everything!

Spadoman said...

Great shot. Strong bold shadows! Looks like feathers on the side of the roof's shadow. Very cool!

Peace

Hootin Anni said...

I think, in my humble opinion, California has the BEST missions of all. This photo is super.


My Sunday's Link:

In the Shadows of your Mind

It's always a delight to have you visit with me when you get a chance...Hope your Sunday treats you well.

Gina ~ Peace, Love, and Homeschool said...

LOVE! :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Ah! That California sunshine sure does create GREAT shadows!

I'm late this week (EW!) so thought I'd better send you my link:
http://moreofme24.blogspot.com/2011/04/stained-glassshadow-shot-sunday.html

RNSANE said...

Very nice shot...I've been to that mission, as well, and to so many of the others.

My CA Shadow Shot is at:

http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/04/shadow-shot-sunday-151-west-sacramento.html

I wish you a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

The missions here in California are so pretty. Visited many several years ago.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

This looks like a simple structure, quite unlike Mission San Xavier del Bac near Tucson!


WELCOME THE SHADOWS

Welcome the shadows surrounding your life,
Treat them as lover or husband or wife;
Welcome them in as you would one who’s dear;
Hug them, embrace them without any fear;
Honor, respect them, and give them their due,
For shadow and light are both parts of you.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Deep Shadows Beckon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...