About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Morning Shadows

2/24/2011

Santa Cruz County
Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Wow. Beautiful tree!

Gaelyn said...

Like the double fence look.

Diane AZ said...

Interesting shadows of the fence and the person leaning against it. I also like the colors and composition. All around super shot!

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous capture, Martha! Great composition to begin with, glorious blue sky, beautiful trees silhouetted against the sky and, yes, a double fence! Terrific! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Ralph said...

What a view of the mighty Pacific! That is about as close to the rocks and water that I'd go, but the blue sky, azure water and shadows give this place a most pleasant look!

Ms. Becky said...

yeah, I'm really liking the curve of the shadow here, with the person leaning. it's a really great shot. happy SSS, and have a fabulous weekend!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shot!

My Shadow Shot, have a lovely weekend!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely shot, Martha. I like the composition very much.

Cynthia M said...

So dramatic...love the colours. Nice shot :)

Jack said...

Hi, Martha. Nice shot. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I always enjoy hearing from new folks.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful!!! Simply beautiful!!

My Shadow Shot Link:
Purple Daisy in Shadows

Have a glorious Sunday!! Stop by to visit if you can find time. Your company is always welcomed.

Lighthousegal said...

What an absolutely beautiful scene!! The trees, the water, the shadows on the pavement, all make such a nice picture. Looks like a wonderful place for a nice walk, although I would have to stop often for photo opts. Thanks for sharing!!

forgetmenot said...

Great shot--love the railing shadow and the trees have such a nice shape. Mickie

Anonymous said...

Nice!
He is really leaning!
Makes for an interesting shadow with the railing.

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a beautiful scene. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...