About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kelso Jail

4/14/2011

San Bernardino County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

Want to know more about Kelso?

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's an interesting cell! i'm hopeful it's just an oldie on display!

Ralph said...

The iron cell is stark, not at all a place to reside, even for a moment. The shadow, on the other hand, looks exquisite, like a finely woven basket. I like the shadow bit better!

Sylvia K said...

What an interesting capture, Martha! I love how the simple "box" becomes so complicated in its shadows! Terrific! Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

That sure is a beauty of a shadow, Martha!

Kay L. Davies said...

What a hell of a jail to be in, like a prisoner of war, unless you're in there taking shadow shots! But I like yours, taken from outside! Wonderful shadows.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

This looks like what I imagine the cells to be like at Guantanamo...

WONDERFUL NONSENSE

A shadow’s a wonderful thing;
O listen! Can you hear it sing?
It tells of a time
Before there was crime—
Trust that and you’ll trust anything!


© 2010 Magical Mystical Teacher

Tree Healer

Chuck Pefley said...

Looks like the community of Kelso used to practice "tough love"! Whew! Not a place to be in the summer, for sure!!!

Hootin Anni said...

This is so incredibly unique!! What's the history of it all you wonder?

Mission Bells in Shadow

Have a great week.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That'd make you not to want to go again. Reminds me of the former jail where my Mom grew up. It had the same structure but was housed in a building that barely contained it. Mother had stories about the kids going and talking to the prisoners at night. Apparently the prisoners were left to their own devices at night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...