About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Visit to John Muir

4/1/2011

Contra Costa County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

11 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

What a wonderful photo of a beautiful room, Martha! I love the big secretary desk. And the bookcase. And the old typewriter (I read recently that typewriters are no longer being manufactured).
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the look of his study. I could be very happy reading there.

??? said...

I love the desk. And I would give a lot to be able to spend a day in Yosemite with Muir.

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful capture, Martha, as always and I would love to spend more time in Yosemite with Muir, too! What a great man he was!

Sylvia

anemonen said...

Wonderful choice. I love reading and I wouldn´t mind to sit here.

Fjällripan said...

I dont know who he is, but I do like historical places, its so interesting to see how it was before... Have anice day :)

Pretty Life Online said...

what a great place at home... perfect catch!!!! Have a great weekdays ahead!!! Hope to see you around.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» needs to take Mme la Vache to visit the John Muir house. It is only about a 20 minute drive from Chez la Vache...

stardust said...

It's so nice to have a study like this. I love the color coordinates of the room, bookshelf and desk. Thanks for introducing him.

Powell River Books said...

Looks like a perfect room to read, write and reflect. - Margy

Oakland Daily Photo said...

There was a wonderful biography of Muir on PBS recently. Hope you saw it. Like «Louis», I need to visit his house. It's so close it's shameful that I've never been there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...