About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

American Kestrel

10/22/2011

Placer County
Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

20 comments:

Jedediah said...

They are cool little birds. I see his European counterpart once in a while.

TexWisGirl said...

i love these little birds.

Andrew said...

Your American Kestrel is a beauty. I see ours in the UK quite oftenand they always bring a smile to my face.

Gary said...

Great close ups!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

holdingmoments said...

Your Kestrels are such beauties.

mick said...

Great photo of a beautiful bird.

Hilke Breder said...

Very expressive shot. Lovely!

heyBJK said...

Great shot of the kestrel, Martha! Nice!

Springman said...

Nice shot Martha! Kestrels are a tough catch. I knew where a couple were last year and tried for weeks to get a good shot. No luck! Thanks for sharing yours. Cheers!

EG Wow said...

It looks like it;s giving you the evil eye. Wonderful closeup!

Larry said...

Nice shooting Martha! He is a very handsome fella. Like Dave, It took me a very long time before I had a decent shot of my favorite little falcon. Congratulations!

Arija said...

Oh, a wonderful capture! I finally got a shot of our Nankeen Kestrels that have been nesting on our farm for 20 years.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
EG Wow wrote what «Louis» was thinking!

bailey-road.com said...

Nice capture of this beautiful bird!

Pat Ulrich said...

They are such gorgeous birds, great find!

Jean said...

Super capture! I love these birds.

Rose said...

Great capture!

Tracey N. said...

What a beautiful shot of a gorgeous bird! I have never seen one other than pictures. I am impressed!

Breathtaking said...

I love this shot,what a handsome
little bird.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You caught his expression, and his beautiful colors perfectly -- a wonderful shot. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...