About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rainbow Over Lincoln

11/3/2011

Placer County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.
Location not exact as image taken from my yard.

16 comments:

Scott Law said...

Beautiful rainbow and I love the light on the houses below.

TexWisGirl said...

love the golden light shaft.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oooh, two rainbows! Wonderful, Martha.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

Awesome capture, Martha! And a double one at that! Does give a feeling of hope and goodness knows people all over the world need that these days! Hope you've had a good week!

Sylvia

Breathtaking said...

This is a most beautiful image.I have never seen such a large
rainbow arch.Love the colours too.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, a double rainbow!!! Nice shot.

EG CameraGirl said...

Rainbows are fairly rare her so when I see one I get quite excited. This is a beauty!

Kim, USA said...

A double rainbow that is fantastic!

SWF

genie said...

WOW!! A rainbow and a beautifully lighter town make for the perfect shot. Lovely capture. So very pretty. genie

Jim said...

Great rainbow capture.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Karen said...

Oooohhhhhhhhh, a double! Excellent!

Barb said...

Lucky you - a double and that dusky sky, too!

Unknown said...

Wow! The arc creates almost a "bubble" feel in the photo. The golden light on the buildings below makes it amazing.

Wenche said...

Great rainbowshot :0)

Louis la Vache said...

Superb! Perfect for SWF!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Perfect and perfectly beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...