About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Mallard

11/13/2011

Placer County
Linked to Weekend Reflections 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

a perfect reflection shot! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Isn't he lovely? And his beautiful green head is reflected perfectly.
So happy to have you visit my blog today, Martha. Take care!
K

EG CameraGirl said...

I think mallards. both male and female, are very photogenic. This male doesn't seem fazed by your presence in the least.

Joanne Olivieri said...

This is an absolute stunning shot. Beautiful details.

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous capture!! Such a beautiful duck! I do love light on those vivid green feathers! Terrific reflection and he seems so at peace! Superb! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Martha! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Karen said...

A terrific reflection! I never see the males, but I photograph a lot of females.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

on wed, your male mallard flew to new Zealand to look for his mate. i took photos to prove it. LOL

Breathtaking said...

Is'nt he a beauty.You have really captured him, and his reflection so well.

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice! I LOVE ducks.

Lindy said...

Lovely capture of this beauty and his reflection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...