About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Egret Catches Dinner

11/17/2011

Placer County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.
(I couldn't avoid the blurred streaks of grass in the foreground)

6 comments:

Breathtaking said...

The blur sometimes is unavoidable but it does not detract from this
gorgeous photo.Good shot!!

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful snowy!

Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous shot, nevertheless, Martha. When I see wading birds like this one, with a meal near the end of the beak, I imagine them contemplating how to get the fish from the end of the beak to the throat without dropping it.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Martha Z said...

He did drop it but managed to pick it up again.

Sylvia K said...

I do love your "up close and personal" shot of birds and this is a great example! Superb capture and such a beautiful one he/she is! Love it! Hope your day is going well, Martha! Enjoy!

Sylvia

mick said...

Great photo - birds seldom stand right where we photographers want them to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...