About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oaks Stand Against a Stormy Sky

11/6/2011

Placer County

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Superb capture and, as always, your composition is fantastic. Love the trees against that grumpy sky! Terrific! Enjoy a great day, Martha!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant shot - so lovely!

Kay L. Davies said...

A wonderful photo, Martha. It would look so nice on a wall.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Karen said...

Terrific puffy whites above the trees.

Elisabeth said...

Very nice capture...wonderful composition, movement and texture. Hope you have a marvelous weekend.

VALKYRIEN said...

Beautiful picture, great colors - and a exciting sky!

Liz said...

Stunning photo! Happy sky watching.

Skywatch

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like the contrast of the sand and sky here. Really nice, Martha!

Ms. Becky said...

I love every single thing about this photo. it's splendid. happy SWF to you.

Anonymous said...

this is the beautiful side of california.

Paulie said...

Beautiful capture!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful capture! Happy skywatching!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

VERY PRETTY!!!

Roberto Machado Alves said...

A beautiful photo. The contrast between the clouds and the sky is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Al said...

That certainly looks threatening, I love the photo.

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!

My Skywatch, have a nice weekend!

Don Wood said...

I echo what Sylvia said grumpy sky and the trees make it alive . xxx Don

Anika said...

Really beautiful! Makes me think back to the hills I would pass each day when I lived in N.CA. Thanks for that ;)

Barb said...

Lots of depth in this photo, Martha - and I love that murky sky!

Rose said...

I so love this shot....it is perfection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...