About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Wooly Bear

11/21/2011

Placer County
Linked to Macro Monday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice macro of this bristle brush!

Sylvia K said...

What a fantastic capture, Martha! You never cease to amaze me! And while I'm not particularly a bug lover, this little guy is beautiful! Love the colors and the light! Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

Karen said...

Fabulous detail, and it sparkles!

Kay L. Davies said...

Amazing photo, Martha. I am a dedicated Martha fan, and if I miss any pictures, it's only because I'm visiting friends and family on the west coast right now.
K

Scott Law said...

What a great shot. This one looks like it's made out of plastic.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful details!

Happy Macro Monday

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great photo... hardly looks real!

Raine said...

So many bristles. :D Reminds me a kitchen scrubber. Great shot.

Roan said...

I saw several wooley worms this color in the fall. I'm hoping it means we will have a mild winter. When they are all black, we expect lots of snow and cold temps.

Breathtaking said...

A fantastic photo.What a super caterpillar!!

EG CameraGirl said...

AWE! It must be off to build its cocoon!

Ida said...

Awesome! I haven't seen a fuzzy little guy like that in a very long time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...