About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fullers Teasel--Non-native Invasive

10/28/2011

Glenn County
Linked to Macro Monday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific macro shot, Martha! Hope the fog clears off and you have some sun for the day!!

Sylvia

Cecilia Artista said...

Great macroshot!

Kay L. Davies said...

People used to bring non-native plants to North America because they used them in a particular way, in this case the textile industry used the spines for raising the nap on cloth.
No one gave thought to the spread years, generations, or centuries later.
I just hope we've learned—not necessarily about importing plants, but about things we do and how they effect people in the next generation, or the next century. We certainly have more knowledge at our fingertips than had the importers of Fuller's Teasel.
A very good lesson for us here, Martha, plenty of food for thought, and for forethought.
Thanks!

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Louis la Vache said...

Exquisite geometry in this!

Breathtaking said...

Super macro photo.

Barb said...

I know it's bad, but your portrait makes it beautiful!

Ida said...

Beautiful detail in this macro shot of the Teasel.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful clarity!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic details and light.

Happy MM

Diane AZ said...

It's so pretty; too bad that beauty is invasive!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

beautiful picture though. I hate to find out that pretty plants are invasivei. Both places where we live (Florida and Western oregpn have a lot of invasive plants, because they are such wet growth friendly climaates.).

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Although it is invasive, you've shown it has its own beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...