About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Evening Shadows

11/17/2011

Placer County
Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty. love that golden light.

Scott Law said...

Pretty shot that makes me want to go for a stroll on a warm evening as I look out the window at our snow.

Ms. Becky said...

those are superbly inviting shadows. this shot has beautiful texture too. happy SSS to you.

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful capture and composition as always, Martha! I love the bridge and the golden light! Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm always intrigued by a path that curves. Where will it lead me next?

I HAVE A LITTLE SHADOW

I have a little shadow that always follows me;
My shadow is my best friend, as anyone can see.

No matter where my feet go, my shadow’s always there—
Except, of course, at midnight with darkness everywhere!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Sunflower Shadows

Breathtaking said...

Oh Marta Z what lovely warm golden
light in this photo. Wonderful!!

Dianne said...

the light is so wonderfully warm against the wood
beautiful

Sarah said...

Yes-such warm light!

LV said...

Love your capture of the bridge and railing shadows.

Unknown said...

Beautiful golden late afternoon light, giving such strong shadows.

Ann said...

That shot makes me want to wander there.

Carole M. said...

...lovely long shadows; lovely photo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous light and shadow play.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmm, very serene. I could be out there walking the path and crossing the bridge with you next time. LOL Love the countryside shadows too.

SHADOWS & Sunday Summary

genie said...

Such a pretty bridge giving us a sneerful shadow shot. What a beautiful spot to be waling with your camera in hand. Love shot. genie

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shot!

Sun Catcher Shadows , happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Love the light at this time of day. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...