About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Evening Shadows

11/17/2011

Placer County
Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty. love that golden light.

Scott said...

Pretty shot that makes me want to go for a stroll on a warm evening as I look out the window at our snow.

Ms. Becky said...

those are superbly inviting shadows. this shot has beautiful texture too. happy SSS to you.

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful capture and composition as always, Martha! I love the bridge and the golden light! Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm always intrigued by a path that curves. Where will it lead me next?

I HAVE A LITTLE SHADOW

I have a little shadow that always follows me;
My shadow is my best friend, as anyone can see.

No matter where my feet go, my shadow’s always there—
Except, of course, at midnight with darkness everywhere!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Sunflower Shadows

Breathtaking said...

Oh Marta Z what lovely warm golden
light in this photo. Wonderful!!

Dianne said...

the light is so wonderfully warm against the wood
beautiful

Sarah said...

Yes-such warm light!

LV said...

Love your capture of the bridge and railing shadows.

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Beautiful golden late afternoon light, giving such strong shadows.

Ann said...

That shot makes me want to wander there.

Carole Meisenhelter said...

...lovely long shadows; lovely photo

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Gorgeous light and shadow play.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Mmmmmmm, very serene. I could be out there walking the path and crossing the bridge with you next time. LOL Love the countryside shadows too.

SHADOWS & Sunday Summary

Genie said...

Such a pretty bridge giving us a sneerful shadow shot. What a beautiful spot to be waling with your camera in hand. Love shot. genie

chubskulit said...

Beautiful shot!

Sun Catcher Shadows , happy Thanksgiving!

Joan said...

Love the light at this time of day. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...