About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dramatic Evening Sky

9/13/2011

Placer County
Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

24 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, Martha! That is so gorgeous and so dramatic! What a glorious way to end a day -- any day!! Terrific capture as always! Enjoy your day!!


Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful colors. Very interesting cloud formations, too, Martha.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

TexWisGirl said...

i love those 'fantail' clouds!

Steffi said...

Wow...what a great shot of clouds!I love the colours!Have a nice weekend!

Jane said...

Awesome shot, nice colours too-looks like a storm is brewing there. Have a great weekend:)

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a great sky :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Yikes! That sure is a HUGE cone of orangy cotton candy! Very pretty, too!

clairz said...

Martha, this is a marvelous blog and an ambitious project! I'll be back for sure. Lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Photo Cache said...

that is really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dramatic indeed...what a gorgeous and vivid capture.

Anonymous said...

you did rather paint with your camera - beautiful !


daily athens

Jeannelle said...

Gorgeous! Happy skywatching!

eileeninmd said...

What a gorgeous and colorful clouds, great capture. Happy skywatching!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful color in the sunset. The clouds make me wonder what happened next!

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Drama ! Lovely !

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful, dramatic scene. I love this.

Rose said...

This is fantastic...sure wish I had taken it;-)

Louis la Vache said...

Fantastic SWF image!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Well worth the wait of scrolling down and making visits along the way. This is such a remarkable image, just a stunning beauty!

Pat Tillett said...

Very dramatic and also a bit sinister...

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Dramatic sky, indeed.

Regards and best wishes

Barb said...

Martha - Those clouds look like they're lifting off into the heavens. A beautiful color - lit from within.

Breathtaking said...

what a fantastic image.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...