About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Is a Boardwalk a Bridge?

10/1/2011

Shasta County
Linked to Sunday Bridges 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

neat image!

Kay L. Davies said...

Gorgeous photo.
I guess we could say it's a footbridge, of sorts.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

Another terrific shot, Martha! Interesting "bridge" and, oh, those gorgeous skies! Have a lovely day!

Sylvia

Pat said...

That is a stunning photo. I like how you caught the wind whipping up the sand. I'd say that was a neat walkway. What beautiful skies, too!

Barb said...

The trail to the side mimicking the shape of the bridge is great - also like the steam.

Linnea said...

Let's call it a long foot bridge. Very nice!

genie said...

What a cool structure. I would say it is both a footbridge and a boardwalk. Either would suffice as a definition. Love the area....looks desert like to me. The sky and the evergreen trees are absolutely beautiful. genie

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful... Could also be a Skywatch shot, with such a great sky!

clairz said...

What a wonderful place. So glad you took us along.

I thought I was seeing steam, but some said dust. What are we looking at there?

EG CameraGirl said...

Seems like a bridge to me. :)

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee....
It works for «Louis» and Sunday Bridges!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wonderful image -- I just want to hop on that right now! It's a footbridge so of course it qualifies. (And I see Louis agrees).

Rose said...

HOw about a footwalk? Just kidding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...