About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mono Lake

9/18/2011

Mono County
Linked to Scenic Sunday 
Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

13 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Mono Lake is almost on my bucket list.

Nice pic.

TexWisGirl said...

if a lake could look like a desert, this is it...

Barb said...

I thought, "the sentinels" when I saw this.

Pat Tillett said...

I was there a couple of times as a kid. I think it's time to go back.

Anonymous said...

I was awestruck the first time I saw the tufa towers. Amazing.

Kay L. Davies said...

Moonscape, with water. Fabulous, Martha.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful... born and raised in CA and never been!! Definitely on my bucket list.

Sylvia K said...

It does indeed look like another planet! Beautiful! And a superb capture as always, Martha! Hope your day is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Blessings on those who work to preserve Mono Lake. Unusual beauty and so important to migrating birds.

Paulie said...

Looks like a wonderful place! I am jealous!

Rose said...

Looks like from another planet!

Linnea said...

It's spectacular...I never tire of seeing shots of Mono Lake and its surroundings.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Such an amazing place -- it's been too long since we've seen it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...