About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Magnolia Seed Pod

10/18/2011

Placer County
Linked to Ruby Tuesday 

Where is this?  Click the link for a map. 

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

How colorful! And what a delightful shot! As I've said before, you do find the great shots! Enjoy your day, Martha!

Sylvia

Barb said...

How unusual - I've never seen one, Martha - love the texture and color!

Roan said...

Very colorful seed pod!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We had a big magnolia in our front yard (our Springfield OR house before we sold it) and used to use the seedpods for Christmas decorations -- leaves and pods on the mantlepiece. Makes me nostaligic. Gorgeous picture.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I have a magnolia in the front yard and it's never produced anything like this! Exquisite!

YEA FOR SCARLET

Yea for scarlet, yea for red!
Yea for summertime that’s fled
To some far-off frigid place,
Where no ruby shows its face!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tired Old Apples

Anonymous said...

Fantastic details and vibrant red color!

Breathtaking said...

Brilliant colour,brilliant photo.

Louis la Vache said...

Wow!
«Louis» had no idea they look like this. How colorful!

Johnny Nutcase said...

ohh! awesome macro , those colors are so vibrant! Magnolias are so cool, love the textures.

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't ever remember seeing one of these. Very cool!

Lindy said...

Such a brilliant red! I've never seen one of these before. Looks like it would be a wonderful addition to a bowl of potpourri.

Thanks for your visit. Hope you're having a great weekend. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...