About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Peek at a Peak--Mt Shasta

10/4/2011

Siskiyou County
Linked to SkyWatch, Friday

Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

13 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I like how you've caught it in the clouds.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific capture and I, too, love how you've caught the clouds! Awesome! Hope you have a beautiful day, Martha! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Great picture, great title for this post! I want to say "oh look there it is" like we would if we were driving along on this cloudy day.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Haven't been in Mt. Shasta yet. Any recommendations on what to see - am not going climbing so that's off the list :)

Keith W said...

Great Mt. Shasta pic!

Anonymous said...

Energy felt must have been amazing.



daily athens

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The clouds are breathtaking!

SKY-SEEKERS

The sky-seekers, some people say,
Do not favor night over day;
They always look up,
The sky is their cup,
And keeping it full is just play!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Western Sunset

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Ground meets sky! Great shot.

Light and Voices said...

I just never tire looking at mountains, sky and clouds. Impressive image.
Joyce M

eileeninmd said...

A great look at the Peak and a beautiful capture of Mt Shasta. Happy Skywatching!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great picture. It really accentuates how massive the mountain is.

Owlfarmer said...

I've loved this mountain since I was a kid when we'd detour past it on trips north, and I never tire of different views. It's hardly ever the same, but I don't remember ever being able to catch it with it's clouds down like this. Yummy shot, Martha.

Jeannelle said...

Nice shot! Looks like a snowy peak descending from the sky! Happy skywatching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...