About This Blog

I began this blog in 2011 in an attempt to improve my photography and showcase all of California's 58 counties. I didn't quite make all of the 58, I missed three and I will try to rectify that in the coming year. I'm not sure how much I improved my photography because I always seemed to be in a rush.
In 2012 I plan to take more time, perhaps not post every day (this is one thing I did accomplish in 2011). I also plan to expand beyond California and include images from other parts of Western United States. I will continue to include a map showing where I was when I took the picture. I will keep commentary to a minimum, long photo essays will continue to be at Martha's Musings.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Very Orange Yellow-Headed Blackbird

9/18/2011

 Mono County
Where is this?  Click the link for a map.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! ready for halloween!

Paulie said...

Great shot! You are right about the ORANGE! Wow!

Sylvia K said...

What a colorful bird! And definitely ready for Halloween!! Great shot for the day, Martha! Love that ORANGE!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

I've seen yellow ones, but not orange. This is great.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Rose said...

You are only the second person I have ever seen to post these...I looked at their range and think it looked possible for them to come here to western Indiana but I have never seen one. Sure would love to, though.

mick said...

What a beautiful color on the bird! Great photo.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Great shot of this beautiful bird! He does seem oranger than they usually do.

joo said...

What a beauty!

theconstantwalker said...

A beautiful bird to see...

Springman said...

Orange for Halloween perhaps? I wonder if the color is diet related like our house finches plumage? Awesome capture!

Dave said...

Very smart bird... georgous colour

eileeninmd said...

It does have a colorful head, great sighting. Wonderful photo, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Really colorful!

Larry said...

Wow Martha, that is the most orange, Yellow-headed Blackbird I have ever seen! Cool!

jeanlivingsimple said...

Very good & cool capture of a bird I would love in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...